I’m a certified plant based chef located in central Minnesota. Why plant based? Couple reasons:
1. A very dear family member suffered a big-time heart attack around ten years ago and we needed to get him back on his feet, strong and healthy, asap. So after much research, we decided to embark on a plant based lifestyle.
2. Throughout that decade, I was determined to create recipes that were far superior (both nutritionally and taste-wise) than anything we had to “give up.” I succeeded in spades. Whenever any of us had a hankering for on older, “forbidden” food, I simply experimented until I came up with a fabulous, heart healthy alternative that made every family member gush as they ate. I love doing that.
3. Food is a huge part of life. If you don’t like it, you’ll never stick to any food plan. We needed plant strong, healthy fare. So, I created the recipes to make that possible.
Unfortunately, in 2013, I was diagnosed with cancer. Stage two, everything looks OK for now. However, the same plant strong diet that helped my husband recover from his heart attack is now working its magic on assisting my digestive system heal after losing over half its colon.
While I don’t cook using animal products, most of my clients add them as garnish to the fabulous fare I create for them. For example, many will add ham to the soups and stews, creamy butter to the fresh baked bread, whipped cream to top the pies and cakes… you name it. This does two things:
1. Plant based food gets better as time progresses. A hearty plant based stew will last for days as the flavors blend in the refrigerator. Add meat during the cooking process and it gets wonky quicker than if you stick with the plant based recipe and add the garnish later.
2. You have control over the meat/dairy in your diet. You can research your options and pick the best product that fits your lifestyle. Some of my clients have their own outlet for chickens, eggs, etc. and prefer to use them.
And no… you don’t have to add meat or dairy to anything I cook. It’s all hearty, tasty, totally fresh, and fabulous. Under normal circumstances, all you have to do is reheat your meal and dig in. That said, I happily work closely with you to decide your family’s preferences.
I’ve trained with some of the best plant based chefs in the US, have earned plant based certifications, and am continually expanding my repertoire. I teach popular community cooking classes, private cooking courses, I create menus for small events, work with heart attack survivors, and all the food I prepare easily fits into the American Heart Association guidelines. I’m fully certified by the State of Minnesota Department of Health for safe food handling/food manager. Plant based living isn’t an occupation as much as it’s an utter passion.
If you want more information, just email.
I look forward to helping you achieve your health goals. — Beth 🙂